Monday, December 2, 2013

Paint and Collage a Day Planner

I have these day planners in my etsy shop. I'll give a little tutorial on how you can make your own. I wasn't planning on making these this year since so many people just use their phone for their calendar, but a neighbor of mine wanted to buy four for Christmas presents so I went ahead and made up a few.
I picked up some day planners at a craft store and removed the tacky plastic cover.
I then painted the heavy paper (almost a light cardboard) that was underneath the cover with acrylic paint. I used two layers to make sure that it was well covered and to add protection and strength. The flaps on the inside I covered with decorative paper that I adhered with an archival glue stick. I couldn't easily photograph those, so picture polka dots and paisley.
As you can see, there is ample room for jotting down notes on the inside. The butterfly and bird are illustrations of mine that I have prints of. I cut the images out and used the archival glue stick to attach them. I finished everything off with a layer of Mod Podge. I think these would be fun for a child to make as a Christmas gift. Their own drawings would work well for the cover art. Let me know if anyone attempts these.

No comments:

Post a Comment