Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Masks for ZOOM Performances

Teachers during the pandemic have used creative strategies to keep their students engaged from home. Thank goodness we have the technology to stay connected. I initially hadn't thought of how teachers could incorporate my masks into their zoom readings and plays until a mom in Florida ordered my wolf mask so that her daughter could play the wolf in her Kindergarten reading of the Three Little Pigs on Zoom.

 

The four little guys pictured here are the Rat, the Badger, the Mole and the Toad from The Wind in the Willows,a children's novel by Scottish writer Kenneth Grahame, first published in 1908. The story focuses on these four anthropomorphised animals and their life in a pastoral version of Edwardian England. At first I didn't think that I could be successful illustrating these particular animals, but after giving it a shot, I am glad that I put in the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment