Sunday, July 26, 2020

Painted Oatmeal Containers

We eat a lot of oatmeal in my house. We have it hot in the winter, I make my own muesli for the warmer months, and we love oatmeal raisin cookies. The wonderful cardboard containers with plastic lids that the oatmeal comes in are begging to be turned into small storage units to be used in the kitchen or for whatever odds 'n ends that accumulate at your house.
The paper label easily strips off the oatmeal box. I layered on acrylic paint in comlimentary colors with small stiff brushes overlaying the colors. When dry, I added a shiny coat of water-based acrylic to strengthen the carboard and give it a polished look. Very easy and fun for the kids. I haven't quite decided on how I will use them, but I always enjoying being able to recycle material rather than throw it in the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment