Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Pressed Flower Cards

I pressed these flower petals way back in the winter. Since it wasn't exactly the growing season here in New Jersey, I bought a couple bouquets at my supermarket. I pressed the flowers in between the pages of books after first laying them out between sheets of copy paper. I placed 12 pound weights on top of the books. This, of course, removes the moisture from the petals. I would not recommend using valuable books as the dampness may damage the pages. I left the petals alone for about 10 days.

 

I simply used a glue stick to attach the petals to the blank greeting card. I applied the glue to the card surface since the petals are delicate, and gently pressed them into place. I liked the wat they turned out, so now I'm ready to go out on a nature walk and gather some interesting leaves and wild flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment