Friday, May 10, 2019

Sand Art

All that you need for this project is some colored sand, white glue and some sponges, plus a sturdy substrate such as corrugated cardboard. The black substrate that I used was a piece of rigid plastic. I put the sand in salt and pepper shakers that I picked up at a dollar store. I dipped the sponges into the glue and applied it to the substrate. The white make-up sponges made the little triangles and a round stencil sponge (not pictured) was used for the large yellow circle. The small aqua hastags were made with the end of the clothes pin. Obviously the sand is messy, so hold your work over a bin or garbage can as you shake the sand onto the glue. I think that the colors look sharp against the black. Beads were added for a bit of extra decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment