Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Tissue Paper and Food Coloring

This a fun, simple activity that I did not have high hopes for. I had expected the tissue paper to tear when I opened them, and I really was not counting on such lovely designs. It's a great project to do with children since it has that extra bonus of surprise when you unfold your tissue.
Fold your sheet of tissue paper the long way so that you have one long strip. Start at a short end and fold back and forth into triangles. Mix three small bowls with a slightly diluted food coloring or other thin water based paint. Dip each corner into a different color. Let dry. Unfold!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this, saw it on craft gawker. I actually have a few sheets of paper that I colored this way as a child years (many) ago, and shared them on my blog here, folded differently than yours. Would be fun to do both!
    http://www.creativejewishmom.com/2011/08/dip-dyed-paper-craft.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check yours out! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information. napkin folding machine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your nice blog!And we should try more interesting things with napkin tissue

    ReplyDelete