Saturday, February 9, 2013

Make a Drum

I retrieved empty tomato cans from our favorite local Italian restaurant (Hampton Junction. They make a great Margarita pizza) to make my drum. The sides of the can are painted with acrylic paints that have been applied with a sponge roller. I made my own printing stamps by cutting out shapes from some leftover packaging foam and then gluing the foam to blocks of wood. The stamps were used to decorate the sids of the drum and the top that I cut from very heavy paper. Poster board would surely work. I attached the top with bongo ties that my husband had on hand. They're similar to rubber bands, but they have that little embellishment that is pictured. I was pleasantly surprised that the acrylic paint adheres so well to the tin.
Green Crafts Showcase

No comments:

Post a Comment