Friday, November 23, 2012

Make Christmas Wrapping Paper

This is a fun printmaking project for this time of the year. I drew the little hats on a sheet of Styrofoam making sure that I could feel the actual impressions made by my pencil. I cut the hats out and rolled printing ink onto the surface with a brayer. After I turned them over on my paper to print I used the back of a spoon to rub the Styrofoam making sure the image transferred. Some of the hats I printed twice before re-inking so that I got a lighter shade of red or a "ghost print".

 

 

Supplies:

 

Sheets of Styrofoam or scratch-foam, scissors, pencil, rubber brayer, roll of butcher block paper.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great idea to get creative with wrapping paper!! Just posted on Craft Gossip, thanks for submitting!!

    http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=7271

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful idea and pattern!
    I have to try it at home :)))

    ReplyDelete