Friday, January 10, 2014

Upcycled Accordion Pocket Books

This little accordion book was made with scraps of paper, maps, tidbits cut from the newspaper, leftover fabric, ribbon and the box that my new blender came in. Cereal boxes are great, too.
I used the sturdy box from the blender for the front and back cover. I collaged the scraps of paper and fabric onto the cardboard with glue stick that worked surprisingly well even for the fabric. A combination of solid and patterned materials are fun to combine and a little bit of text from a newspaper, magazine or even junk mail adds some visual surprise.
For the inside of the book I took a sheet of white paper and folded it along the long side to form the pocket. I used glue stick to seal the ends and folded the sheet into an accordion.

No comments:

Post a Comment