Tuesday, June 5, 2012

make your own notebooks

Last week I made a bunch of gelatin prints without any definite plans for using them. I've always liked the idea of stitching sheets of paper together with my sewing machine, so I decided to make little notebooks using the prints for the covers. I stitched sheets of computer paper to the print with my machine and then attached a piece of white chip board to the last page using glue stick. This would be an easy project to do with children. You don't need to limit yourself to using gelatin prints for the cover, but it is a fun process and I have instructions here and illustrations of the process here.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, especially with summer rolling in, kids love to record their experiences!! Just posted on Craft Gossip!!
    http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=6502

    ReplyDelete